This bank makes a great craft project for kids. They
can create it for themselves or as a gift for mom or dad.
- Chip Can (our example uses a Pringles can)
- Gift Wrapping Paper with a white back (or you could use wallpaper or a wallpaper border with a white back)
- Colorful Stickers
- 2 Pipe Cleaners
- Ribbon (about 1/4" thick)
- Craft Embellishments
- Craft Glue
- Wash out the can with a little water and wipe dry.
- Cut a slit into the top of the Pringles can. (For young children, this
may be a job for parents or a teacher). Use a straight edge cutter to poke
a hole into the lid and cut a slit about 1/4' wide and long enough for a
quarter to fit through.
- Cut the wallpaper or wrapping paper to fit around the outside of the
- Place glue on the chip can in small areas and glue the paper to the
can with the white side facing out. Smooth out any bumps until the outside
of the bank is smooth.
- Cut four strips of ribbon (each should be 2 times the diameter of the
- Glue one strip of ribbon around the top of the can directly up
against the top edges. Glue the other strip around the bottom, directly
against the bottom edge.
- Glue the other two strips around the center of the can about 1/4"
- Wrap one pipe cleaner around the top of the can, along the bottom edge of the ribbon. Twist
the ends of the pipe cleaner and push them down flush with the can. Wrap the another pipe cleaner around the
bottom, along the top edge of ribbon. Fold up the twisted ends of the pipe
cleaner flush with the can.
- Place stickers all over the bank in the white areas. Glue craft
accessories on as well (our example used butterfly accessories).
You could also use felt pieces or paper cut outs.
Link to this page
Feel free to place a link
to this page on your own website. The URL to use is:
Click to view more craft projects
click for larger
Plain Covered Pringles Can